ULTRAFAST COMMUNITY BROADBAND PROJECT - REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY 28TH FEBRUARY 2021!
QUICK LINK TO EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM - online survey here
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Great Ness & Little Ness Parish Council is working with Openreach to obtain ultrafast, fibre Gigabit broadband to over 300 properties in Nesscliffe, Hopton and Great Ness and surrounding area - you can check if your property is in the target area by looking at the database of addresses at the bottom of this page.
What are the benefits of a faster connection?
- Does your internet grind to a halt when the whole family is online?
- Do you have multiple devices such as phones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, Sky or smart TVs all accessing the internet?
- Do you work from home or run a business and could benefit from faster, reliable broadband?
- Do you want your property to have access to the same broadband speeds as homes in towns and cities – now and in the future?
Yes? Then an ultrafast connection will meet your broadband needs now and into the future!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
We need about half the premises in the project area to claim a voucher so that the installation of the new connections will cost nothing! The only cost to you will be your broadband package with your chosen provider. You’ll be required to sign up to a faster broadband service of at least 30MbPS or double your current broadband download speed (whichever is the greater). A list of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that offer connections over the Openreach "fibre to the premises" network is here: FTTP providers (openreach.com)
You must express an interest in this service by 28th February. Please complete the online survey here
NOTE: At this stage, you are not making a firm commitment. The survey is to gauge interest and the project will only proceed once enough people have expressed an interest. Once enough people, have expressed an interest the Government (DCMS) will email you asking you to claim your voucher.
What happens next?
- We will pass the Expression of Interests on to Openreach, our project partner and they will then prepare a final costing for the scheme. If enough people have expressed an interest, the install will be free to all in the project area.
- The Government (DCMS) will contact you by email to ask you to accept the voucher terms and conditions which can be found at the Government's Gigabit voucher website
- Once the new network is live, you’ll be required to sign up to a faster broadband service of at least 30MbPS or double your current broadband download speed (whichever is the greater). A list of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that offer connections over the Openreach "fibre to the premises" network is here: FTTP providers (openreach.com)
For any queries, contact the Parish Clerk, Rebecca Turner email@example.com or 01743 741611.
The list of premises covered by the project is attached. We are sorry that it has not been possible to cover the whole parish in this community project. We did cost this option but it was not viable. Therefore, we are focusing the community project on the areas of the parish which Openreach have said are viable. If your property is not in the project area you could still look into claiming a voucher individually - see Gigabit voucher info page