Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Shropshire Cllr Ed Potter

As way of a brief introduction I am very honoured to have been elected to represent Loton as your Unitary Councillor which includes the parishes of Great Ness and Little Ness.  Please feel free to contact me via email edward.potter@shropshire.gov.uk or on 07779117802 if you have any issues. I shall be attending parish council meetings and would be happy to meet with residents before hand or alternatively I will be happy to come and see you at a convenient time. 

LATEST NEWS BULLETIN FROM CLLR. POTTER  - AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2023

Quite a bit to report on as it has been a very busy summer for issues,  many have been resolved, some are ongoing and some I will continue to persevere although at times it seems like things move a snails pace we often get there in the end (with fingers crossed and touching wood),

Firstly some general updates, after 5 months of this financial year with the need to make £51million in savings the councils looks to have made in the region of £34 million. However the pressures in Children's and Adults' Social Care continue to rise in years so £51 million is likely to be the minimum need. This is putting pressure on all service areas and it perhaps no surprise addressing the issues which come to my attention are hard fought to resolve.

Waste - following the restructure of routes and changes to collection days for some residents Veolia have undertake to a review to make sure things are working efficiently. It appears they can make some efficiencies in time, fuel etc by making some further changes which are likely to effect 600ish households in the Loton division. In the coming weeks all these homes will be written to directly and will receive a new calendar outlining what their new collection day will be. It often takes a week or two to bed in and if there are missed collections these can be reported through Shropshire Councils Website or let me know and I will sort.

Staying on waste- the Green bins that were originally issued by Shrewsbury and Atcham Borough Council pre 2009 look like they have started to fail with big splits appearing down them. Again a new bin can be arranged through the council website free of charge replacing the broken one. Any issues with this give me a shout.

Some parish specific issues which have been dealt with but worth keeping an eye on. With the waste bins at the Nesscliffe Country Park and Great Ness Cemetery which wasn’t collected for nearly 10 weeks this should have been dealt with.

The bin lorry clashing with the School drop off times at St Andrews Nesscliffe should be resolved for the start of the new term.  

Road Surfaces seem to be a big issue - Felton Butler and Valeswood are both n need of attention and the council are aware.

As ever if there is an issue you think I can assist with please get in touch and look forward to seeing many of you at the September Parish Council Meetings

Ed

Edward Potter

Shropshire Counciilor Loton Division ( including Communities of Alberbury with Cardeston, Montford, Great and Little Ness, Westbury and Yockleton)

Shropshire Councillor Edward Potter Shropshire Councillor Edward Potter